Established more than 70 years ago, the Y-Guide program is designed to strengthen the bond between fathers and their children. Using the strong qualities of the Native American culture—dignity, patience, endurance, spirituality, concern for the earth and family values—the Y-Guide program provides tools to build a lifetime of memories.
Fathers and their children (ages 3-8) participate in “Nation” events, “tribal” events, and campouts in a year-round program that begins every August.
The program is free for Y members, $40 per child for non-members. Camping trips and other activities may incur additional cost. For additional information, contact the Westside YMCA at (918) 446-1424 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Y Guide Pledge
“We (father and son/father and daughter), through friendly service to each other, to our family, to this tribe, to our community, seek a world pleasing to the eye of the great spirit.”
Aims of The Y Guide
- To be clean in body and pure in heart.
- To be “pals forever” with my (father/son; father/daughter).
- To love the sacred circle of my family.
- To be attentive while others speak.
- To love my neighbor as myself.
- To seek and preserve the beauty of the Great Spirit’s work in forest, field, and stream.