Our Cause Defines Us
We know that lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. That’s why, at the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Our Strength is in Community
- The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
- The Y is community centered. For more than 110 years, we’ve been listening and responding to our communities throughout the Tulsa metro area.
- The Y brings people together. We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- The Y nurtures potential. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- The Y has local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
Our Impact is Felt Every Day
With a mission to put Christian values into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all, our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
The YMCA of Greater Tulsa began its work in 1909, and our organization continues to strengthen our communities in many ways.
Our Strategic Focus
As a Cause Driven organization that strives to serve the Tulsa Metro Area our work and our future are guided by our Strategic Plan. This Strategic Plan is created by Community Members, YMCA Advisory Board Members and YMCA Staff.
Our Board of Directors
The Metropolitan Board of Directors is comprised of caring volunteers who invest their time and talents into our YMCA to further the impact in our communities
The YMCA is so much more! For more than 110 years, the YMCA of Greater Tulsa has served the Tulsa metro area in various ways through Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.